Friday, February 25, 2011

56/365...My big snow storm...

The effects of Snow Shadow....
While other parts of Western Washington were covered in a load of snow, Kitsap County was spared the hassle of the yucky white stuff. They call it Snow Shadow. Moist clouds came in from the coast and were split by the Olympic mountains. When the arctic air from Canada hit, there was no moist air to make snow.
I'm not complaining, mind you.... Just explaining.
I went out to feed the squirrels yesterday and got this shot.

Location... Calma's backyard.... Port Orchard, WA.

4 comments:

  1. Lovely shot there Calma!! Very cool how the ice is on the leaves. Is this a plant that is native to your area or something you planted there? Either way I love the picture!!

    Vana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty! But I'm SO glad it's been warm around here lately.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very glad that you didn't get blasted with the snow, just enough on some plants to make it pretty.

    Jules

    ReplyDelete