Monday, February 21, 2011

52/365: Path by the River



It looks like we are Gil-less today, so here's another shot from my road trip yesterday (see previous post). The path along the mighty Flint River (:P) is a pretty new addition to Flushing and was constructed as part of a larger path that begins (or ends, depending on where you start) downtown, where this photo was taken, and ends in the local park, which is right across the street from my old house. My brother's Eagle Scout project involved making and installing picnic tables along the path (those things were huge and weighed a ton--I have no idea how he even got them to the site...).

As an added bonus, if you deviate from the path near the grocery store, there's an ice cream store... :D

Location: Flushing, MI

~Sil

3 comments:

  1. Did someone say ICE CREAM???? YUM. Another great picture from your road trip Sil.

    Jules

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the old style lanterns along the path. Very cool and a great place with the water near by and the fun path to follow. I love it!! Thanks hon for sharing it with us.

    Vana

    ReplyDelete