Saturday, February 19, 2011

50/365 - Boudoir grand



So, this is an old photo (from 1997) however all these photos of musical instruments has got me all nostalgic (and I've been at work all day (from 0530 until 2000) so not much time to take any photos!). As a result, I've posted a photo of my boudoir grand (taken in the house my parents bought when we moved back to the UK). My parents bought it for me when I was about 15. I say they bought it for me - I was the only one who played the piano, but it was also an investment. As you can see, it was a Steinway, and so didn't lose any value. When they sold the house and left on the boat again (ask on TORC if you don't know what I'm talking about!) they sold the piano back to the place they'd bought it from without losing any money.

I loved that piano. It not only sounded brilliant no matter what you played, but it was a work of art. I do miss it. (I've still got the piano stool though. :D)

3 comments:

  1. (sigh) Yet another person with musical talent.

    This photo has a romantic feel to it.
    Very well done.

    Calma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooooo I love a beautiful piano!!! My daughter plays piano and she would have loved one such as this. She did get to play on a Baby Grand but we did not own it. :D

    Vana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Helen, that is absolutely outstanding. What a work of art. Too bad that the family couldn't keep it!!! Just beautiful.

    Jules

    ReplyDelete