Monday, February 21, 2011

52/365: Nostalgia


I took a road trip to my hometown on Saturday and drove past the house where I grew up, pictured above. We lived there for about 15 years before moving across the state, and I went from kindergarten through high school in this town. Aside from the patriotic-looking doohickey next to the door, it looks pretty much the same as it did while I lived there! My dad built an awesome screened-in back porch on it which we all really miss--had the new owners not been there, I might have walked around to the back to take a picture of that as well. However, as I was sitting in my car taking this picture, the man who lives there now came outside to see why someone was parked outside his house... oops! Fortunately, he was nice and understanding about it; also, I like to think I don't look much like a stalker...

Check the Runner-ups section for some images of what the weather's been doing here lately!

Location: Flushing, MI

~Sil

3 comments:

  1. The homestead is lovely, Sil. I would love to go back and see the house that I grew up in. I haven't even been back to that state in over 25 years.

    :D Thanks for sharing.

    J

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the porch! :)

    You grew up in a nice place, Sil...

    Calma

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love going back to see the places I grew up in. It is so cool to look back and then to see where you have gone from there. I love the pic hon!

    Vana

    ReplyDelete