Wednesday, February 23, 2011

54/365: Dream Catchers


I have been making dream catchers for about 15 years now and recently just got back into doing this craft.  I didn't realize how much "stuff" I still had until I pulled it all out.

In the picture are three cases of beads, do-dads, silver trinkets, feathers, cat gut (synthetic), hoops, leather stringing and a suede covered hoop.  I am working on two right now, one is going to obviously be turquoise, the other is red.  When they are completed I will take a shot of them for posting here.

This is a Native American item originally, but has been so commercialized that I think the Native Americans are distancing themselves from it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dreamcatcher  Link for more information if you like.

Enjoy,
Jules

3 comments:

  1. Ooooo, I love dreamcatchers!! I will have to have you make me one sometime. I could sure use the powers that they possess to get a good nights sleep soon. :D I love the pic by the way. I enjoy doing crafty things too. I cant wait to see them finished.

    Vana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never been a 'crafty' person.
    I haven't the patience for it.

    But those look nice, J.

    Neat picture.

    Calma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome - that's quite a box of beads you have to choose from there, Jules. :D

    We'll be needing a pic of the finished one, too, in a bit, then. :D

    ReplyDelete