Saturday, February 12, 2011

43/365 - Fuchsia flower



I've currently got three fuchsia sitting indoors for the winter. One of them keeps budding flowers but unfortunately they don't last very long because the branches are too weak to hold them at the moment. I've got to the stage of keeping a very close eye on them and nipping off the buds as soon as they appear, because I want the plant to put it's energy into growing, not budding.

Anyway, this is one of the flowers that made it to adulthood and then promptly fell off! Because it was so pretty, I thought I'd take a photo of it. This is it sitting on the window sill. If it had been outside, it would be slightly darker - I think the sun brings out the colours. (It's now sitting in some water in the somewhat vain hope that the branch will sprout.)

4 comments:

  1. Not a big fan of the color pink, but that shade is very pretty.

    When your plant is in full bloom, you'll have to post a picture of it for us.

    Calma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice hon!! I love Fushias!!!

    Vana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely fuchsia's Hobby!! Very pretty indeed and so early in the year too. Beautiful.

    Jules

    ReplyDelete