Sunday, February 13, 2011

44/365: My Street


That’s my street. I’ve been living on it for almost six years now. It’s in the older part of Ramat Gan; most of it was built in the 50-s, and some of it in the early 1930-s. The city’s very first bookstore is near my house, and it still bears the name of the family who founded it. The street is narrow and densely packed with shops selling clothes, shoes, bags, jewelry and just about everything else. There’s also a square with food stands, cafes and an open-air stage where performances take place on just about every major holiday.

What I love the most about this street are the impressive trees on both sides of it. Aside from their purely utilitarian value- great shade in summer, pretty good protection from rain in winter- they make the place look much nicer and more home-like. And do you see the fairy lights wrapped around them and stretching from one tree to another? They’re on EVERY evening, not just on major holidays. Seeing them at the conclusion of a dready work day always cheers me up a little, as if I’ve walked in on a surprise party.

~Storyteller

4 comments:

  1. Yea! it's finally up!
    Neat looking street, Story.

    Love the nighttime pictures.

    Calma

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the faery lights in the trees!! It would make the evenings walk a bit more magical and cheery!! Thank you for sharing this pic with us.

    Vana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting again Story. Very cool to live there. I also love the night time pics.

    Jules

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE it! I don't think I'd mind living in town if it was anything like yours. But ultimately, I'm a country girl.

    ReplyDelete